This project aims to help the web page readers to look up easily meaning of the words. This is a Firefox extension. The current version supports English-Vietnamese, Francais-Vietnamienne, and English-Vietnamese+Francais-Vietnamienne. The tool uses the dictionnary database of JDict (www.jdict.org). We intends to support more other languages.
You can dowload the lastest version of FireDic at Sourceforge server
FireDic is an extenstion of Firefox, a open source web browser. Get Firefox.
Firedic requires JRE. Please see instructions to install JRE Firefox's plugin
After download, you are already to install the FireDic in your FireFox browser by following instructions:
1. Open FireFox
2. Select File/Open File, select the firedic[___].xpi, the installation dialog appears
3. Click install to continue
4. Restart Firefox and have fun
1. Right click, select "Enable FireDic" to enable FireDic to look up on the fly. The meaning of the word pointed (by mouse) will be automatically displayed as the tips in your browser.
2. Select View/Sidebar/FireDic to enable FireDic's sidebar pannel. The meaning of the word pointed (by mouse) will be automatically displayed as the FireDic's sidebar in your browser.
All source code are available in the CVS serverYou can dowload the lastest version of FireDic at Sourceforge server
CVS Server: firedic.cvs.sourceforge.net
Path to Repository: /cvsroot/firedic
Click here for CVS instruction
We are a group of 5 master students at IFI (www.ifi.auf.org):
Le Duc Bao (email@example.com) - project manager
Le Anh Duc, aka Duc Beo
Chu Hoang Nam, aka Nam map, you can reach him at nhagiaubungbu2507 (YIM)
Cao Tien Dung
Do Quoc Bao, aka baohut (chich)